NOTE: The media is not reporting this nor are they identifying the youths as black youths through spotty coverage.
WILMINGTON — A sixth person has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a food delivery driver in Wilmington last week, authorities said Friday.
Two suspects are charged with first-degree murder in the June 14 death of c, 60. The latest arrest brings to four the number of suspects charged with conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon.
The suspects, ranging in age from 15 to 20, are accused of ordering food from a Chinese restaurant in an apparent scheme to lure a delivery driver to a dark street so they could rob him. Police said Liu answered the call, and when he stopped his car to deliver the order of chicken wings and shrimp fried rice, two assailants confronted him.
Smith said one assailant shot Liu in the foot and the other suspect shot him in the face.
Police said that after Liu was killed, the five went to a nearby house and ate the food. Smith said they later went back to the car to look at Liu’s body and go through his car. Investigators say all that was missing from the vehicle was $48 in addition to the food.
“I’ve been a prosecutor now in this office for 13 years. I’ve handled a bulk of the murder cases,” New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David said, “and by any objective measure this is one of the worst I’ve seen.”
via The Daily Advance.