There has already been talks that House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy will be the favorite to replace John Boehner as the new House Speaker. However, this may prove disastrous, and there are at least 5 reasons why he should not be the new Speaker.
1) He supports amnesty and too soft on immigration. This is a problem that the Establishment in the GOP refuses to address. They’re afraid to take the conservative stance, due to fear of being labeled as xenophobic.
2) No record seems to show that McCarthy sides with the Tea Party. He is known to be moderate on a number of issues.
3) He’s too close to John Boehner. I get skeptical when John Boehner shows much praise for McCarthy to be the next speaker. If McCarthy was a real conservative, it would be clear that Boehner would not be supporting him, knowing that he called Ted Cruz a “jackass” and those affiliated with the Tea Party as “false prophets.”
4) His Heritage Action scorecard, which measures how conservative politicians are based on the issues, is only 63%. That’s lower than the average House Republican score of just 68%! On the other hand, tea party conservatives like Ted Cruz has a score of 100%.
5) Former Illinois Congressman Joe Walsh believes McCarthy is worse than Boehner, saying “Kevin McCarthy … doesn’t have a conservative bone in his body.”
What is your view of Kevin McCarthy? Comment below and share on facebook and twitter.