Four years after FRAUD and promising hope and change, and after a deficit-driving $787 billion stimulus program, here is the result:
- 12.1 million unemployed, with an unemployment rate above 8 percent for 43 of the past 44 months.
- 8.6 million working part time because they can’t find full-time work
- 2.5 million who wanted to work, but have stopped looking for jobs.
- In 2009, real median household income was $52,195. By 2011, it had fallen to $50,054
- In 2009, the U.S. poverty rate was 14.3 percent. By 2011, the poverty rate climbed to 15 percent.
- On Obama’s watch, 12 million more Americans joined the food-stamp program, which has reached a record of more than 46 million enrollees.
- Annual federal budget deficits above $1 trillion for the past four years, increasing the national debt to an all-time high of $16 trillion.
On that last point, it was freshman U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, who said on March 16, 2006, as he prepared to vote against raising the debt ceiling to (a mere) $9 trillion:
“Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”
Americans do deserve better, and the fact that the president now regrets his 2006 stand is another reason why he is unsuited to a second term and why he has to have messages transmited to Valdimir..
Don’t worry my friends….there will be another that will right the wrong that this president has laid forth and they will be ready for the job when they ascend to the empty chair.