Here is video of Gov. Mitt Romney today in Hobbs, New Mexico, where he outlined his plans to lead America to Energy independence by the year 2020. Romney said he would set the goal, as President, for North America to be Energy independent by 2020. To do that, Romney said he would:
1. Make the process to get permits to drill on Federal lands easier by giving the states the power to make those decisions.
2. Open up offshore drilling
3. Establish an Energy Partnership with Canada and Mexico – including building the Keystone Pipeline.
4. Get an accurate inventory of just how much energy resources we have in America.
5. Stop using regulations to prevent the production of energy in America.