The real reason that Nancy Pelosi is considering retiring is that they took her Jet away.
As a result of a Judicial Watch filing under the Freedom of Information Act, the USAF released documents detailing House Speaker use of United States Air Force aircraft between March 2009 and June 2010.
Here are the main highlights revealed by the USAF. Keep in mind that all the data below relate to United States Air Force aircraft used by one woman over a sixteen month period.Several of these flights included Ms. Pelosi’s guests, such as grown children, grandchildren, various in-laws, friends and hangers-on.
Over 95% of the trips were between the west coast and Washington DC , for what you might call a commute between home and the office. READ it and WEEP!!
- Total trips: 85 over a 68 week period, or 1.25 average trips per week.
- Total mileage: 206,264 miles, or 2,427 average miles per trip.
- Total flying time: 428.6 hours, or an average of 5 hours per trip.
- Cost to the taxpayers: $2,100,744, or $27,715 per trip, or $1,285,162 per year!
- Cost of in flight food and alcohol: $101,429; $1,193 per trip; $62,051 per year.
On one junket to Baghdad, according to the Air Force report, she had the aircraft bar stocked with Johnny Walker Red Scotch, Grey Goose Vodka, E&J Brandy, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Maker’s Mark Whiskey, Courvoisier Cognac, Bacardi Rum, Jim Beam Whiskey, Beefeater Gin, Dewar’s Scotch, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Jack Daniels Whiskey,Corona Beer and several varieties of wine.[fbcomments]