So let me get this right. This protest leader, Breanna Champion, wants the police defunded and the money to be handed out to the community to police itself? How many of you think that will work out for the best.
Now that would be a circus!
Here, courtesy of the Black Youth Project — based at the University of Chicago and described as “a nationally recognized research initiative focused on examining and documenting the political and civic engagement habits and attitudes of African American youth ages 15-30” — is a list of demands.
- We want the labor of Black transgender and cisgender women (unseen and seen, unpaid and paid) to be valued and supported, not criminalized and marginalized.
- We want investments in Black communities that promote economic sustainability and eliminate the displacement of our people.
- We demand all local, state and federal budgets to defund the police and invest those dollars and resources in Black futures.
- We want reparations for chattel slavery, Jim Crow and mass incarceration.
- We want to end all profit from so-called “criminal justice” punishment – both public and private.
- We want a guaranteed income for all, living wages, a federal jobs program, and freedom from discrimination for all workers.
By the way, The Black Youth Project’s page at the website of the Open Society Foundations, founded by George Soros, its “mission is to heighten the voices of black youth, in particular black males, in political and civic engagement spaces where they are often absent or marginalized.”
Watch the video report:
So after you watched this, what are your feelings? Share your thoughts below in our comment section. Is this for real?