According to Obama and his administration, they don’t have a strategy to combat the forward momentum of the Islamic State. As alarming as that is, it is equally alarming that the Islamic State has one and they seem to be right on schedule.
- The First Phase Known as “the awakening” — this has already been carried out and was supposed to have lasted from 2000 to 2003.
- The Second Phase “Opening Eyes” is, according to Hussein’s definition, the period we are now in and should last until 2006. (Reminder: these points to the plan were originally published in 2005.) Iraq should become the center for all global operations, with an “army” set up there and bases established in other Arabic states.
- The Third Phase This is described as “Arising and Standing Up” and should last from 2007 to 2010. “There will be a focus on Syria,” prophesies Hussein, based on what his sources told him. The fighting cadres are supposedly already prepared and some are in Iraq. Attacks on Turkey and — even more explosive — in Israel are predicted. al-Qaeda’s masterminds hope that attacks on Israel will help the terrorist group become a recognized organization. The author also believes that countries neighboring Iraq, such as Jordan, are also in danger.
- The Fourth Phase Between 2010 and 2013, Hussein writes that al-Qaeda will aim to bring about the collapse of the hated Arabic governments. At the same time attacks will be carried out against oil suppliers and the US economy will be targeted using cyber terrorism.
- The Fifth Phase This will be the point at which an Islamic state, or caliphate, can be declared. The plan is that by this time, between 2013 and 2016, Western influence in the Islamic world will be so reduced and Israel weakened so much, that resistance will not be feared.
- The Sixth Phase Hussein believes that from 2016 onwards there will a period of “total confrontation.”
- The Seventh Phase This final stage is described as “definitive victory.” Hussein writes that in the terrorists’ eyes, because the rest of the world will be so beaten down by the “one-and-a-half billion Muslims,” the caliphate will undoubtedly succeed. This phase should be completed by 2020, although the war shouldn’t last longer than two years.
If these phases of attack are true, then the Islamic State is certainly on time. Should this timeline be taken serious? When you look at it again and realize that they are almost right on schedule, one can’t help but say yes. This 7-step plan shows how serious the Islamic State is about their mission.