Donald Trump once again shuts down his detractors naming conservative Republican judges as possible replacements for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. Good for him. Will give the naysayers something else to chew on besides their Never Trump campaign.
For those of you still debating if you could or would vote for the Democratic candidate if YOUR candidate doesn’t win the nomination, one can only hope you will put greater concerns ahead of your own, no matter where you fall on the spectrum. THIS presidential race is no longer about which candidate, it is about the Supreme Court and the possibility of regaining the US Senate.
Trump addressed his picks in a statement found on his website:
“Justice Scalia was a remarkable person and a brilliant Supreme Court Justice. His career was defined by his reverence for the Constitution and his legacy of protecting Americans’ most cherished freedoms. He was a Justice who did not believe in legislating from the bench and he is a person whom I held in the highest regard and will always greatly respect his intelligence and conviction to uphold the Constitution of our country,” Trump said in a statement.
He added: “The following list of potential Supreme Court justices is representative of the kind of constitutional principles I value and, as President, I plan to use this list as a guide to nominate our next United States Supreme Court Justices.”
Trump’s list includes:
- Steven Colloton, Federal Judge, US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (Iowa)
- Allison Eid, Associate Justice, Colorado Supreme Court
- Raymond Gruender, Federal Judge, US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (Missouri)
- Thomas Hardiman, Federal Judge, US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (Pennsylvania)
- Raymond Kethledge, Federal Judge, US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (Michigan)
- Joan Larsen, Associate Justice, Michigan Supreme Court
- Thomas Lee, Associate Chief Justice, Utah Supreme Court
- William Pryor, Federal Judge, US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (Alabama)
- David Straus, associate justice, Minnesota Supreme Court
- Diane Sykes, Federal Judge, US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (Wisconsin)
- Don Willett, Associate Justice, Texas Supreme Court
Having the candidate of your choice is a luxury that, as Donald Trump has posted his potential selection for Court Justices, becomes mute in the face of future repression and a giant step back from human and civil rights. Stop the infighting and start thinking about something more than yourself!
Help support conservative news and views by sharing this post on Facebook and Twitter.