In the State of Virginia, a new group has grown the from the ashes to push old Democrat Values. If you visit them on the net, you will see that they continue to carry the water of the Democrat Party by writing down what they support while not producing any type of change. Their website can be found at http://virginianewmajority.org/. They continue to push fairness over freedom and liberty. Fairness is not promised to anyone but they figure they can reach a class of Americans that will fall for that lie.
It’s not hard to read into the mission statement (below) and know that there is nothing new about this group. Hijacking the word “New” draws interest for about a week or so as people then go back to their lives looking for solutions instead of the same old story.
Virginia New Majority is the catalytic force for the progressive transformation of Virginia through mass organizing, leadership development, and strategic communications. We are creating a powerful movement that transforms Virginia by organizing communities of color, women, working people, LGBTs, youth and progressive people. Through continuous purposeful and strategic activity, we will create a Virginia that is democratic, just and sustainable.
If you take a look at their highlights, someone has a talent for writing to make things sound great but when you really think about the results, there were none. These are just a few:
- January, 2008 – Launched Democracy Schools, our effort to support Virginians applying for citizenship through classes, workshops and clinics. (RESULTING IN WHAT???)
- March – April, 2010 – Visited 20,000 Latino/a and African American households to encourage participation in the U.S. census. (RESULTING IN WHAT???)
- January, 2011 – Victory! After 7 months of struggle by 700 town members we organized, the Herndon Town Council amended their anti-solicitation ordinance to allow people to solicit work on most corners. (RESULTING IN WHAT???)
- November 2010 – March, 2011 – Led successful efforts, including mass mobilization, to stop 21 proposed state-level anti-immigrant bills. (RESULTING IN WHAT???)
- July – August, 2011 – Launched Southern Solidarity Summer, where we trained 30 interns from Virginia and around the country in our approach to civic engagement. (RESULTING IN WHAT???)
Republicans, Conservatives, libertarians need to fight groups like this where they stand with a better alternative and call them out on non-results. Anyone can write up platitudes but until you get results, you are just blowing in the wind.[fbcomments]