If you think education in this country hasn’t been declining for the past 30 plus years, you’re in for a rude awakening. The most absurd and unheard of courses are on the rise, and one of the latest of these can be found at Arizona State University.
They are now offering an ‘English’ class this semester, titled “Studies in American Literature/Culture: U.S. Race Theory & The Problem of Whiteness.”
Under the class description, students will be learning about the following: The Possessive Investment in Whiteness, Critical Race Theory, Everyday Language of White Racism, Playing in the Dark, and The Alchemy of Race and Rights.
The fact is every race has their group of racists in them. So can you just imagine the outrage if a course titled “The Problem of Blackness” was offered? The mainstream media would be covering it in national news and demand the class be cancelled.
The sad part of our decline in the educational curriculum, which is being overtaken by liberal professors trying to brainwash their students, is that this is just one of many other classes being taught throughout the nation.
These type of courses are not new. Here are 11 courses offered throughout the country.
1) A class in Queer Studies at Oberlin College for $4,950. Learn why “only citizens ‘get’ to claim queerness, whereas undocumented immigrants are always presumed to be heteronormative.”
2) Learn the philosophy of Star Trek at Georgetown University for $4,827. Course description: “Star Trek is very philosophical. What better way, then, to learn philosophy, than to watch Star Trek, read philosophy, and hash it all out in class? That’s the plan.”
3) A class about radical individuals at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. George W. Bush is included as one of the radicals taught in the curriculum.
4) An ‘independent’ course in female sexuality at Carleton College. Some of the reading homework assigned include titles of “I’m not fat, I’m Latina”, “Myth of the black butt”, and “How to have energy orgasms.”
5) An $814 class at Ohio State University, where students “examine the literary techniques and cultural roots of the novels, exploring such themes as the quest, coming of age, and the nature of heroism.”
6) A class at MIT called “Introduction to Videogame Studies.” In this class, “Students play and analyze videogames while reading current research and theory.”
7) At Cornell University, a $700 P.E. class in tree climbing is offered. Professor Mark Holton says “The highlight of our local class is an overnight in the trees. We also go to Costa Rica for climbing in the jungle.”
8) A class in learning how to make maple syrup at Alfred University. (Good grief, I guess this class is slightly more significant than the first seven classes in this list. At least kids will have a better appreciation when they eat their pancakes.)
9) A course in Stupidity at Occidental College in Los Angeles. The description of the course says stupidity “Makes itself felt in political life ranging from the presidency to Beavis and Butthead. Stupidity is neither ignorance nor organicity.”
10) A course called “The Living and the Un-Dead” at Ole Miss. Students watch zombie films, zombie books, and a zombie research paper written.
11) At Berkeley, students can take a course called “Arguing with Judge Judy.” This rhetoric class says “Students who are interested in logic, argument, TV, and American popular culture will probably be interested in this course.”
And now you wonder why kids are being dumbed down in today’s world? These type of courses, along with this newest class at Arizona State University talking about white racism, doesn’t contribute anything positive to society. All it does is spread the ‘white guilt’ mentality and make people ashamed of their skin color.
As much as these liberal professors have taken over our curriculum and brainwash students, I still have the optimism that America can return to leading the world in education by regaining real math and science skills. I’m also optimistic that we have a young generation of many conservatives and libertarian-minded folks who can pass through the entire educational curriculum without being brainwashed by this liberal propaganda machine. There are many of these young conservatives out there, but the reason it may not feel that way is because the mainstream media either neglects to report about it, or because there are also many youth who are simply too afraid to mention their conservatism in high school and college due to peer pressure.
I can proudly say I’m a 24 year old conservative college graduate who wasn’t fazed in the slightest bit by liberal professors. We just need to spread the message to kids all across the country that there is nothing wrong with being a conservative, and that they should not be afraid to profess it if they are. Let us regain our educational curriculum back! But we all need to work together on this and I have the optimism that we can and will do it. I’m tired of the left always making the false claim that conservatives are a bunch of racists. I hope you are too.