Despite 17 Republican candidates for president, I’ve made my choice for Ted Cruz, and long before he made his presidential announcement. Of course, there are candidates I also like, but there are 5 reasons Cruz stands on top for me.
1) I’ve said it before, but I believe Cruz is the most conservative candidate running. He has consistently voiced his call to repeal Obamacare, abolish the IRS, support tax cuts, and call for limited government on a strict, Constitution basis. After reading his book “A Time For Truth”, I learned about his defense he has always shown for the Constitution, carrying that belief during his entire career, in his private law practice, as Texas Solicitor General under then-Attorney General Greg Abbott, and his current reign as a U.S. Senator.
2) Ted is also very trustworthy and principled. In his book, he also describes his two promises: Telling the truth, and doing whatever he says he will do. For example, we have seen this in the Obamacare debate. Cruz is one of only a few Senate conservatives who has kept their campaign promise of fighting Obamacare, and he gets scolded by establishment Republicans for it.
The American people are tired of campaign conservatives who talk a good game on the stump but don't walk the walk: http://t.co/aVra7RxmsF
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) August 26, 2015
3) Ted is a phenomenal debater, which will help him greatly in all future debates and in persuading independent or undecided voters to vote for him. In college at Princeton, Cruz was a top collegiate debater in the nation, and it is very evident those skills have paid off in his career and the current presidential campaign. He has been in the top 5 in most of the polls consistently.
4) He is very bold and is not afraid to go after both sides, including the establishment of his own party. Several weeks ago, he called Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell a liar for breaking a pledge he made to the Senate Republicans. The reason we’re in this mess is that the establishment of both parties put party interests ahead of the Constitution and liberty.
5) He isn’t afraid to take some unconventional stances. For example, there are not many Republican leaders other than Cruz who have been calling for the abolishing of the IRS and the Department of Education. These are some stances that can also influence many libertarians to want to support Cruz.
What do you think about Ted Cruz for President? Comment below and please share on Facebook and Twitter.
Are you sick of seeing ads? Well then it's time to get rid of them! WayneDupree.com is proud to offer a PREMIUM VIP MEMBERSHIP that eliminates ads and gives you the BEST browsing experience.
Follow Wayne on Rumble!