There’s a big controversy brewing right now – a stalemate if you will – between Alec Baldwin and the New Mexico authorities who are investigating the “Rust” shooting.
Back on December 16th, New Mexico authorities got a search warrant for Alec Baldwin’s phone.
According to a new BBC report, they are looking for very specific things on Mr. Baldwin’s phone.
District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies, who has been overseeing the investigation, said her office is working with the New York Sheriff’s Department and Mr Baldwin’s lawyers “to obtain any materials from Mr Baldwin’s phone that pertain to the Rust investigation”.
In a search warrant granted on 16 December, investigators said they were looking for any texts, images, videos or calls related to the movie production.
Baldwin took off hours after that search warrant came down. He and his family high-tailed it out of New York City, and went to the Hamptons… and Alec took his phone with him.
He later made a bizarre video in his car, which was parked in some wooded area, and talked about how he was cooperating with police fully.
That is a statement that contradicts what New Mexico authorities have said about Baldwin and his phone that he won’t turn over.
But according to a BBC piece, Alec discussed the topic of his is phone in that lengthy video rant he made. And by the sounds of what the BBC reported, many think Alec is deleting items off his phone before he turns it over to police.
Look at what the BBC quoted Alec as saying:
Mr Baldwin says specifying exactly what is needed from the phone takes time.
In a long video message posted to his Instagram page on Saturday, the 63-year-old said that “any suggestion” that he had been deliberately evasive with investigators was a “lie”.
“They can’t just go through your phone and take your photos, or your love letters to your wife, or what have you,” Mr Baldwin said. “That is a process that takes time.”
It’s not Alec’s job to “specify” what the authorities need on his phone. They asked him to hand over HIS PHONE so they could examine it. They didn’t ask for his help to find the information.
Also, notice Alec said, “That is a process that takes time…” He said it right after he talked about the private things he has on his phone.
In my opinion, it sounds to me like he’s saying it takes “time” for him to delete “photo and love letters” off his phone.
And I am not the only one who thinks that way.
Here’s what folks online are saying:
“New Mexico police issued a search warrant for the phone of Alec Baldwin. He may well find out what digital forensics means if he thought deleting content was a good idea.”
“I call bullshit on him. Just hand over the phone.what’s the problem? Surely he’s hiding/deleting anything which implicates him. Not a good look, especially after he shot a woman dead”
“I am getting some strong vibes that Alec is deleting sh*t off his phone right now”
“I think Alec Baldwin just told the entire world that he’s deleting stuff off his phone. How is this legal?”
If Alec Baldwin is deleting items off his phone, I would think that is a big problem.
It’s unthinkable that someone would hold on to their phone, under a search warrant, to potentially “delete things” – especially when that someone is the guy who pulled the trigger and killed somebody.
Something smells very odd here, and Alec isn’t doing himself any PR favors by acting like this.
He’s not the victim. The woman he shot was the victim.
If you ask me, there is something incriminating on that phone, or Alec would have turned it over, the same way the other Rust crew members did… and they didn’t need a “search warrant” to do it, either.
One of the most dependable websites for original reporting, investigative reporting, and breaking news in the conservative media is now WayneDupree.com. It is the only group combating communist bias in the media and entertainment, and it is its hard news division.
Because the success of our objective is so important to the economy and because leftist media's COVID falsehoods probably cost lives, we need your help. Donate to WayneDupree.com today so that we can keep covering stories that the leftist media won't touch. Your decision to donate $5 per month, $50 per year, or $100 per year will enable us to continue the difficult work of making sure a free and fair media survives in our nation.
SIGN UP HERE and join us!
Follow Wayne on Rumble!