After one long month, Alec Baldwin has finally turned over his phone.
The troubled and disgraced actor surrendered his phone to Long Island police, who will extract the info and then turn it over to New Mexico police.
However, Alec’s attorney, former US assistant attorney Aaron Dyer, has placed strict limits on what they can extract from the phone.
One of those things is any correspondence between attorney and client, and also anything to do with him and Hilaria.
The New York Post reported that the 63-year-old actor surrendered his phone — which is believed to contain information about the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in October — to the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office Friday morning, a spokesman for the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office told The Post.
“They will conduct the extraction of the data, and then hand the phone over to us,” said Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office public information officer Juan Rios.
But not everything on the star’s phone will be up for grabs during the probe, Rios said.
“There will be some exempt information that’s not considered pertinent to the investigation, such as attorney-client privilege material, communications between Mr. Baldwin and his attorney as well as spousal privileged information.”
The handover comes one day after the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release, “to date, the cell phone has not been turned over to authorities.”
Police in New Mexico got a warrant for the cellphone on Dec. 16 and the case’s lead detective quickly notified Baldwin’s attorney, police said.
But Baldwin failed to turn it over for weeks, forcing Santa Fe authorities to team up with the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office on Long Island last week to get it.
It’s fair to note that everyone involved in the “Rust” case who was asked to turn over their phone did so without a “warrant” being issued.
Alec was the only one who demanded a “warrant,” and even then it took him a month to comply.
One of the most dependable websites for original reporting, investigative reporting, and breaking news in the conservative media is now WayneDupree.com. It is the only group combating communist bias in the media and entertainment, and it is its hard news division.
Because the success of our objective is so important to the economy and because leftist media's COVID falsehoods probably cost lives, we need your help. Donate to WayneDupree.com today so that we can keep covering stories that the leftist media won't touch. Your decision to donate $5 per month, $50 per year, or $100 per year will enable us to continue the difficult work of making sure a free and fair media survives in our nation.
SIGN UP HERE and join us!
Follow Wayne on Rumble!