For the longest time, we were told that an informant on the inside of Mar-a-Lago, someone close to President Trump, alerted authorities he was holding onto super secret classified documents. Well, that’s not the half of it. Actually, the person isn’t tied to Mar-a-Lago, and they certainly are not “close” to Trump, but this person is close to Hillary, of course. Washington Times reports that the Aug. 8 search of former President Donald Trump’s home and the unprecedented criminal investigation into his possession of White House documents all began with David Ferriero, the now-retired national archivist who alerted the Justice Department after finding classified information in boxes he retrieved from Mar-a-Lago.
Critics say Mr. Ferriero is a partisan who changed the rules to help excuse Secretary of State Hillary Clinton when she was under scrutiny for mishandling classified documents on her private, unsecured email server.
They also say the raid and criminal probe are just another politically motivated scheme to take down Mr. Trump, who remains popular among many voters and is weighing a 2024 White House bid, this time over a dispute about the federal records act that they say hardly warrants an investigation or raid of his home.
“They’ve tried every last argument from the emoluments clause down to Russian collusion, to bribery with impeachment, to saying he planned and coordinated the Jan. 6 riot,” Mike Howell, who runs the conservative Heritage Foundation Oversight Project, told The Washington Times. “Nothing has worked, and so you are left with, ‘Let’s try the records retention one.’ That’s why we are here.”
Mr. Howell and other critics of the investigation question the political motives of Mr. Ferriero, who told the Washington Post he timed his April retirement to ensure the Biden administration could pick his replacement and that Jan. 6, 2021 riot that he witnessed out the window of his office near the Capitol, was “the worst day of my life — the absolute worst.”
Mr. Ferriero could not be reached for comment. The National Archives media office told The Times, “The former Archivist is not available for this interview,” and referred to the protocol for transferring White House records to the National Archives when a president leaves office.
The now-retired national archivist said he became alarmed on Jan. 20, 2021, when he watched on television as then-President Trump exited the White House for the last time, followed by an aide carrying a box.
“I can remember watching the Trumps leaving the White House and getting off in the helicopter that day, and someone carrying a white banker box, and saying to myself, ‘What the hell’s in that box?’”
That’s the story Mr. Ferriero relayed earlier this year, months after he began a tug-of-war with Mr. Trump over records that left the White House and ended up at Mar-a-Lago, records that Mr. Ferriero believes belong to the National Archive and Records Administration under the Presidential Records Act.
Mr. Ferriero, in January 2022, was able to retrieve 15 boxes from Mar-a-Lago following negotiations with Mr. Trump.
He found classified material among the papers taken from Mr. Trump’s residence and soon after, alerted the Department of Justice, according to a letter he sent to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on Feb. 18, 2022.
This guy is acting like President Trump left The White House with the “red button” for the nukes in that conspicuous white suitcase.
This reminds me so much of the first impeachment, with traitor Vindman… another guy who claims he noticed something “wrong,” and then a whole chain of absurd events unfolded. This feels exactly like that.
One of the most dependable websites for original reporting, investigative reporting, and breaking news in the conservative media is now WayneDupree.com. It is the only group combating communist bias in the media and entertainment, and it is its hard news division.
Because the success of our objective is so important to the economy and because leftist media's COVID falsehoods probably cost lives, we need your help. Donate to WayneDupree.com today so that we can keep covering stories that the leftist media won't touch. Your decision to donate $5 per month, $50 per year, or $100 per year will enable us to continue the difficult work of making sure a free and fair media survives in our nation.
SIGN UP HERE and join us!
Follow Wayne on Rumble!