Another lithium battery has exploded. I was told this hardly ever happens, but I have been doing a lot of stories on these dangerous and deadly fires lately. Just a couple of days ago, two electric cars outside of an Atlanta-area Whole Foods burst into flames. And now, we have this sad story out of Queens, New York, where an electric bike caught fire and killed 8 people. The saddest part of this story is that the person who died was an 8-year-old little girl. CBS reported that investigators in Queens say an e-bike sparked a house fire that killed an 8-year-old girl and injured two other people Saturday.
As CBS2’s Alecia Reid reports, within minutes of getting the call around 7:30 a.m., firefighters rushed to put out the blaze at the home on 130th Street in College Point.
Eight-year-old Stephanie Villa Torres was in the third-floor apartment at the time of the fire. The young girl suffered smoke inhalation and was rushed to Booth Memorial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
“It’s very sad to hear about. I heard that the father couldn’t get to her in time, which is really heartbreaking when you think about it,” College Point resident Sam Chen said.
But this seems to be a real problem. Look what happened in India recently when more electric bike batteries burst into flames. In once incident, 8 people died.
You can watch the video below:
#Telangana– CCTV visual of #Secunderabad e-bikes showroom fire accident that killed 8 people, left 10 injured. From the video, it appears that there was an explosion, and then the fire spreads to other floors. Cops suspect an e-bike or generator explosion. #Hyderabad pic.twitter.com/Uoxn1YMvfC
— Rishika Sadam (@RishikaSadam) September 13, 2022
Watch how this bike bursts into flames, it’s horrific.
In a horrific incident, a SaharaEVOLs-made electric scooter caught fire in Andheri, Mumbai. This incident pertaining to fires in EVs is the fourth one of its kind since September.
By seeing this video will raise questioning about user safety wheather it is safe or not. pic.twitter.com/mthPl2qcFz
— Quantum Techs (@Quantum_Techs) December 17, 2021
These are such sad stories.
But what’s odd, is if you talk about this, and say these batteries are dangerous, you’re treated the same exact way as when you mention the vaccine in a negative way.
All hell breaks loose.
You’re told everything is fine and “experts,” say there’s nothing to worry about and you’re a hysterical conspiracy theorist, and these are the safest batteries on earth.
It’s gotten to the point in this country that you’re not even allowed to discuss freely how you feel about something without an army of people coming after you.
That’s called social Marxism, and it’s running amuck right now.
I'm glad you're here, WayneDupree.com comments! Please maintain polite and on-topic conversations. You could see comments from our Community Managers, who will be identified by a "WD Staff" or "Staff" label, in order to promote fruitful and civil discussions. We stop accepting comments on articles three days after they are posted in order to provide the optimal user experience. The conversations forums on WayneDupree.com welcome comments for an unlimited period of time. For further information, please refer to our community policies.
SIGN UP HERE and join us!
Follow Wayne on Rumble!